What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

September pics

Here's a few of the utrics that I grow.

This tricolor is growing in a typical nepenthes mix, with no water tray, and is doing well. I have the same clone in another terrarium in peat moss with a high water table. We'll see which one blooms first
smile_m_32.gif

tricolor.jpg

reniformis.jpg

Finally got this growing well... it needed peat moss instead of typical nepenthes mix (duhh).

calycifida.jpg

nephrophylla.jpg

-Homer

I can remember when I had plants like those... life was so much better... never watched TV just stared at my plants when I got board looking for new leaves...

Nice pics! How do you winter them? When is their time for flowering?

very cool. i just recieved those species not long ago. i was a bit worried about the color of my 'Yog-sothoth' but they look just like yours so it must be normal. very nice plants. i hope reniformis establishes for me. i just noticed the other day that my paulinea is spreading and my calycifida 'Mrs. Marsh' appears to be sending up a flower stalk so all in all its been a good month for me Utric wise. hopefully i can get them all through the winter. how are you growing all yours? they appear to be in with Neps and going by the Heli you have atleast some in a highland setup.

Rattler

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]How do you winter them? When is their time for flowering?

I winter them in my living room with no specail heating or cooling. Photoperiod changes a bit, and seasonal temperatures in the living room, from highs of low 80's F in summer to low 70's F in winter.

As for flowering, I wish I knew lol. All the utrics here are young, as in their 1st year of growth in their present containers/conditions.

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]they appear to be in with Neps and going by the Heli you have atleast some in a highland setup.

Yes and no Rattler. They are with my Neps, but the Heli are not in a highland setup. All these utrics here along with my Neps and Heli's are in a single 50 gallon terrarium.

-Homer

Living room? Really? Wow! That's easy. So the most important factor is photoperiod? A few of recently acquired a bunch of epiphytic Utrics and I'd venture to say that we have a few questions about wintering our plants.

My reniformis is doing absolutely rubbish.................
All its leaves have gone, I accidently snapped 2 of them them.
smile_l_32.gif

The other one died.
I read that they grow back their leaves if they are destroyed, but I odnt see any new leaves..................
The only thing thats growing on them is stems with bladders through the bottom of the pot.

Starman, as long as there are bladders growing through the holes of the pot you are in good shape! My reni grows 1 leaf, then the previous one dies after awhile... the leaves get progressively larger each time.

Just be patient, soon there will be a leaf I'm sure of it.

-Homer

My reni just started to grow one leaf after 5 months, lol. This is one slow plant... I wonder how long it will be before my asplundii starts to grow a new leaf....

took over a month and a half before i saw a new leaf on my asplundii. something like 46 or 47 days. from the time i got it and potted it up to the time a second leaf poked through. it now has 2 of them. the new one is still 1/2 the size of the first and it poked up about 2 weeks ago. it is very slow. but atleast its growing.

Rattler

Whohoo, see the new leaf?
P9270131.jpg

They are growing on my windowsill in 6 inch pots. The asplundii is to the left and as you can see has only one leaf... -.- Though I found the broken off tuber and noticed that it has some roots on it now.

wow, those are huge, I bet they have a good root system with big old traps, anyway im about to get my first tricolor (yay!)

Back