What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Need to spread the ultra-spreading

<span style='color:purple'>Hi guys!

Does anyone here knows if U.Livida is self-polinating?  I would lke to send flower stalks (containing seeds of course) to mabudon.  Since I'm a bit late for that, I don't think I can polinate them myself, they're pas their prime now... getting wrinkles and all...</span>

This post makes me remember once hearing that there was a varariant that was, I think I was told that it was U. livida "Merriwuk, Natal, SA" being that my first time I grew this plant all my CP's were killed off about the first time it flowered I cannot confirm, but I am currently growing this plant now, I will try to post an update in a month or 2 to let you know!

They don't self seed, at least not in my experience. I have never pollinated the species so can't offer more.

*grumble grumble* So that means I will have to do all the work myself...*grumble* right right. And the flowers aren't that large either...

Well, thanks you the answer then guys. *goes looking for magnifying glass*

I hope you have altruistic purposes for that magnifying glass!
smile_m_32.gif

I haven`t been able to get this species to produce seed even with pollination. Although I have with U.microcalyx and U.subulata(well that one didn`t need pollination Lol!). But I wish you the best of luck.

Back