What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Keeping utric's their pots?

Hello

I have been having this problem for a while now but can't seem to get it under control so I thought I would ask you guys for help.

Thanks
-Jeremiah-

Keeping Utrics IN their pots? Which way are they escaping? If they're climbing out the bottom I line the inside of the pot with pantyhose or use pots with no holes in the bottom..

or use some of that gqarden cloth that lets water out, and keeps weeds in.

I let them escape.
They enjoy the aquatic habitat of water trays.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Starman @ Oct. 20 2004,4:31)]I let them escape.
They enjoy the aquatic habitat of water trays.
They also enjoy invading every pot within reach. Within a short time, you will have an unknown mixture of Utrics contaminating everything. Perhaps that is not a problem for you, but it can become a real pain when you want to trade plants with someone and cannot find an uncontaminated specimen.

I try to keep Utric pots separated from one another and trim off the adventurous potential escapees. It is a constant chore. However, it is virtually impossible to keep subulata from reseeding everywhere.

You send the adventurous ones out to newbies! Just like ya did in August.
smile.gif

Back