What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Germinating u.voloubilis

Hi. Does any one have any experiance with germinating this aquatic annual Utricularia? I have tried to put some seeds on peat and sand and flood it with 1- 2 cm of water untill i see germination and then add more water as it grows.
any suggestions?

Thanks very much

YTK

Ummm. Is it in fact annual?

I got on seed out of many to germinate once by floating them on the surface of a petri dish full of water. I was not able to get the seedling to last long enough to become a mature plant.

No Rob, they aren't annuals but loosely affixed aquatics. Seen them flowering en masse in the Cape Le Grand N.P in WA. The greatest CP sight I have ever seen. Never grown them though unfortunately.

I grow it, but not from seed. Mine are fairly well affixed to the bottom, more like a terrestrial growing under several inches of water. Do the natural sites dry out ever? Or would seeds naturally germinate floating?

Back