What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Utric suggestions please...

Aquatic utrics that would be able to survive year round in an outdoor pond in Zone 4/5? Preferably indigenous to North America.  

Aquatic utrics that would be able to survive in a 5 gallon fishbowl at room temperature set out on a kitchen counter top. We do have lighting fixtures underneath every upper cabinet in our kitchen so I could easily swap out some of the existing bulbs for something more appropriate.

outdoors:U. prurpurea, gibba, inflata
indoors: U.gibba, aureas,
just to name a few
smile.gif

Check out the http://plants.usda.gov/ and look to see what is native to your state or neighboring states in your zone.

Here in Michigan (zone 4-6) we have U. radiata, U. gibba, U. macrorhiza, U. subulata, U. geminiscapa, U. purpurea, U. cornuta, U. intermedia, U. minor and U. resupinata.

I would try any of these.

Glenn

Wher do you buy your seed from?

Seed is too hard to get. Just trade or buy plants. Make sure that if the plants ae location you acclimate them to your climate.

Where are you buying your plants from?

Laura I can send you Inflata, aureas, and gibba

When it warms up some.

Hi, Thank you very much.  I ordered U. gibba online just recently so I'm ok there.  I would love to have some U. inflata and U. aurea.  You don't by any chance have P. vulgaris or U. resupinata do you?

Back