What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Who is growing u. aureomaculata?

yeah his website is still up. no pics of his though, just a referance that it would occationally just die back for no reason.

All the photos presented here appear to be Utricularia aueromaculata. The lolons are very distinct in this species, round , delicate and wirey. My plant came from Dodec and his specimen did flower and was accurately labeled. For me, this is a slow growing species and quite shy in flowering. Rattler, that is one healthy clump o' bladder sucking joy! Kudos to you for your excellent cultivation of this rare species.

dont know if much of any credit goes to me as im doing nothing special for it. i babied the U. pauliniea plug you sent much more than the aureomaculata, infact i didnt figure out it was fairly rare till recently when i went looking for info. i found it on 7 growlists on the CPUK forums one of which was mine, add that to the other 5 i know about and that makes a pretty scarce plant. anyways the most info ive come across is from this thread in on the CPUK forums and even this doesnt add up to much and also shows the same confusion between two different "clones"

http://www.cpukforum.com/forum....aculata

anyways Tony, if yah ever have enough extra for a plug i would be happy to swap clones.

Sorry to have missed the discussion, but for the record: yes those pictures look like the plant I had, yes I got it to flower (it's not on my website, but it is on BobZ's page). I don't remember having any problem IDing it with Taylor. The leaves really are distinctive.

I think that there really are two clones going round. I think that Fernando collected a white flowered clone.

Back