What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

U. warburgii

This isn't a big deal, but I wanted to share since the flower is so unusual. It reminds me of sandersonii in a way.

warburgii.jpg

Anyone else growing this species?

Homer

the flower doesnt look like its open but i could be wrong. it does remind me of a not quite open sandersonii, very cool. dont have one of those yet.

Sorry to tell you but this is only a half opened U. sandersonii.

U. warburgii has blue flowers that have a much shorter spur than this plant.

One of my favorites! They grow in little whorls of leaves. Buds are just starting to come up on my plants.

Here is a shot from last year.
Uwarburgii.jpg

Tony

Well, thanks for letting me know... seems like a fair amount of utrics that I get in trades turn out to be something other than advertised. I suppose this is very likely due to the prolific nature of this genus.

Homer

yeah thats unfortunate Homer, and i was going to figure out how to get a division from yah. its an interesting genus. i know about 1/2 of mine are correctly identified as i have either gotten them to bloom or there is no mistaking the "leaves" for anything else. anything else the tag is just what it probably is, so many look alike till they bloom. my aueromaculata is a good example of probably tagged correctly. i wish the dang thing would just bloom so i can put my doubts(thanks to Tony
smile_m_32.gif
) to rest.

oh well its not like yah can have to much sandersonii, lots of ppl interested in the angry bunnys
smile_n_32.gif

Back