What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Terr. utrics for outside

I live in NE Florida (Just south of Jacksonville, so edge of zones 8 and 9) I was wondering what besides native terr. Utric species could I grow outside. And what sun exposor is best? On CPUK someone introduced this website which has U. livida growing outside in Canada.
http://home.versateladsl.be/cromphout/Utricularia.htm

Are there anyother species anyone has experimented with? And do they need to be in the wet or dry pat of the bog? (I would assume wet)

I had good success with both U. sandersonii types, livida, and bisquamata. of course I am also almost 2,000 mile north of you. Mine had southern exposure and I kept them wet.

I have to say that my U. livida does extremely well outside. It flowers continuously, and the flowers develop a pretty purple color in the sun. It flowers so prolifically, in fact, that it tends to hide the S. purpurea growing alongside it.

Also, my U. bisquamata does well outside. I couldn't get it to flower indoors, and now, it flowers frequently outside.

Back