What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Bladders, bladders, and more bladders

• Thread starter elgecko
  • Start date

elgecko

I've got a magic window!
133bladders.jpg

That is totally awesome!! How do you grow them such that you can see the traps?

The following pictures are from a thread I started here back in Feb.
http://www.petflytrap.com/cgi-bin....elgecko

133step5.jpg

133bladderwort.jpg

I was starting to get some thread algae growing on the traps, so I thought I would make a cover to block out the light for a few weeks and see if the algae would be gone then. It would probably help if I changed the water more then once a month.
I would then uncover the pots and repeat as needed.
I used foam sheets from a craft store, cut to size, and hot glued together.
You can tell which bladders were formed with the cover off, kind of pinkish traps, and the ones which have formed with the sleeve on which have no color.

133cover.jpg

Ah, I thought you were the one who created this method. Thanks for the how-to link. Again, really awesome!

Your photography, like your woodworking, is absolutely spectacular.

That's a very cool image. I'd love to catch an ultric trapping something while looking through a magnifying glass one day, but the chances are probably nil.

Thank you Laura.

endparenthesis,
Dump a ton of water fleas and just fire away with the camera. You might get lucky.

Great job, Steve!

That is really cool. I recently received a huge clump of U. longifolia from a member here. When it fills up its current pot, I am going to start a plug in a set up like that.

Back