What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Terrestrial utrics

Well my U. sandersonii is going crazy now (another flower spotted today). I have three stalks on another plant and several comming on the sandersonii. The U. bisquamata has been positivly IDed. How big should it's flowers be? mine has 1mm flowers so I guess it is small flowered form.
Oh an what species cna be put outside? In a bog garden?

I had my two Sandersonii types, the livida, and bisquamata outside last summer and they did well, although the blue version didn't flower. I didn't have them in a bog garden, per se, but I kept them as wet as possible. The bisquamata flowered profusely, but from the surface, they seemed to have shrunk.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (jimscott @ May 13 2005,8:08)]The bisquamata flowered profusely, but from the surface, they seemed to have shrunk.
That seems to be normal, Jim. My plant did "disappear" but flowered on. Now I keep it much wetter and its coming back.

Jan

Thanks, Jan. that's good to know. Yeah, after awhile, I didn't see any greenery from the surface, but there was certainly spike activity going on! More water, okay.

Back