What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Jims nemisis................

sandersonii 'blue'
sandersoniiblue.jpg

U. odorata
odorata.jpg

i will have a pic up of the aureomaculata as soon as i can borrow a tripod. i cant hold the camera steady enough for these lil bitty flowers

Aaaaah.... Bunny Ears! LOL! Great job, there, Sheridan! Still waiting for a disk of pics to get back to me!

cant wait to see them Jim!

[b said:
Quote[/b] (rattler_mt @ June 14 2005,5:59)]cant wait to see them

Me neither! That is one, nice looking 'blue'!

Did you try smelling the flowers on U. odorata? Kind of a strange smell, huh?

Forgive me for what I am about to share with you Jim but...
My U. sandersonii "Blue" sent up about 3 flower scapes and started blooming about a week ago... Tiniest little things but they bloomed.

My U. sandersonii "Blue" has done nothing in the three months since I purchased it. *GRRR*

At least it's not dying...I suppose I should be happy.

most Utrics like good light. how are you growing yours? i assure you i am doing nothing special for mine.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (LauraZ5 @ June 28 2005,2:07)]Forgive me for what I am about to share with you Jim but...
My U. sandersonii "Blue" sent up about 3 flower scapes and started blooming about a week ago... Tiniest little things but they bloomed.
*makes quick run to the plants to check*

Laura! Oy vey! Mine will never bloom.
smile_h_32.gif

However, on monday, noticed a flower stalk on U. pubescens. Just can't get that dratted blue to do anything!

[b said:
Quote[/b] (rattler_mt @ June 28 2005,11:03)]most Utrics like good light. how are you growing yours? i assure you i am doing nothing special for mine.
It gets at least 6+ hours of direct sun and then bright indirect light after that till sunset. My u. lividia is quite happy...

mine is growing under flourecents in my kitchen along side everything else. not sure what Jims problem with it is as he is flowering everything else i am and more. must be a micro climate issue as half the ppl who grow it have no problems getting it to bloom and the other half say its near impossible

I'm not going to give up on it (unless it dies). I hope when I get my hands on u. sandersonii 'pink' I'll have better luck.

okay, ya know how these plants have all kinds of appendages? Well there's the rootlike thingy and there's that leaf type thing and there's those sorta white leaf thingys that go looking for a new home because overcrowding. but what about the green, vertical thing with a tiny Herscheys Kiss shaped thing on top, that doesn't look like anything else mentioned? After work, with my trusty magnifying glass, I saw two such things in my sandersonni blue container. Could it be? Is it possible? Should I break out the cheesecake in celebration?

My U. sandersonii (regular) doesn't look all that well... yet it's flowering.
my U. sandersonii blue looks better but still no flowers. go figure.

Back