What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Success!

Pyro

N=R* fs fp ne fl fi fc L
I now consider myself to be successful with U. jamesoniana. I have had the plant for a little over a year now and last night I saw a scape raising up out of the pot. If I am lucky I will be able to pollinate the blooms and got some seed which will go first to an experienced T/C lab for propogation.

Once I actually have flowers I will take some pics for everyone.

awesome Pyro, can wait to see pics

Cool! Ummm, I've never actually heard of it before though. Is it rare or something? You seem to treat it like it is. Congratulations, can't wait for those pics either.

its one of the epiphytic species. quite rare in collections in the US. very pretty flower too

Can you descibe your conditions? Thanks!

Sounds pretty cool. I can't imagine how small utric seeds are, concidering how tiny the flowers are. Does it self pollinate?

i dont grow U. jamesoniana so im not familiar with seed size or any of that but as far as seed size in general for Utrics it varies, U. calycifida has decent sized seeds, bigger than most drosera.

BIGGER THAN DROSERA?! WOW...I thought they'd look like...dust particles. x.x;

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Rob-Rah @ July 02 2005,3:04)]Can you descibe your conditions? Thanks!
Keep an eye on upcoming CPN

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]quite rare in collections in the US

Quite rare everywhere actually but I am working on fixing that
smile.gif
Slow going but going none the less. IF I can get seed it will help matters considerably

Back