What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Utric photo show v1.0

Ill get some pics to share here. Might take a bit cause my camera is crappy and i have to use a magnifying glass to get decient close up shots. Its alot of trial and error; give me a day or 2 to work on it.

EDIT
Ok well i got on the ball and got some pics uploaded but image shack is down until noon so u guys got to wait a few hours lol

Edit #2 Ok imageshack is screwing with me. Now their saying 9:30pm tonight before the maintenance is done so as soon as i can get to the pics ill post them.

Pics finally

tricolor
tricolor7mm.jpg

subulata side growth
subulatasidegrowth0ef.jpg

sanderson
sanderson5dj.jpg

longifolia side growth
longifoliasidegrowth3bu.jpg

longifolia
longifolia5xk.jpg

g. violacea giant
gviolaceagiant2lw.jpg

dichotoma with flower scapes
dichotomawithflowerscapes0ot.jpg

dichotoma surface
dichotomasurface1th.jpg

bisquamata shots
bisquamata26ko.jpg

bisquamata0bj.jpg

What do you guys think??

Neat!

Question: Does the recycle water bottle has some holes on the bottom for draining?

Yep they are all holed 6 or 8 times. Id guess the holes are about 1/4" in size. Its more of a flood and drain set up. I didn't have many pots so the soda bottle bottoms worked just fine. And as you can see I get surface style growth covering the sides also.
smile.gif

Here's my plant:
livida4.jpg

And its flower:
livida_flower1.jpg

-Ben

I have a question for all you experienced utric groweres. Can you tell what species an aquatic kind is without looking at flowers? btw nice pics!

No, I don't think that you can. But, U. gibba differs greatly in appearance from other aquatic Utrics, and tends to stay small, and is rather fibrous and uneven in shape.

-Ben

do these help?
DSC01034.jpg

DSC01033.jpg

Looks like U. gibba to me.

-Ben

thanks Drosera36

U. subulata Flowers, and they are open.

Utricularia pusilla, the most common and widespread species here in Colombia, in natural habitat.

Flowers:
U.pusilla-StaElena-1.jpg

Habitat:
U.pusilla-StaElena-2.jpg

U. bisquamata
2c8025cd.jpg

U. livida
PICT0335.jpg

Figured I would share too...

Cheers

Here are some more U. subulata pics:

subulata9web.jpg

subulata10web.jpg

subulata11web.jpg

subulata12web.jpg

-Ben

I've been looking at the pics and what I received as U. arenaria has been flowering, but the color is dark purple. Eventually, I will have a picture to show it. My warburgii is pink with yellow. Must be the camera!

amazing!!!! I just saw BobZ' pictures in the first page! who needs orchids after THAT!!!!

Well I guess I should contribute given my area of specialization...

U. jamesoniana "Repressa el Penol"

jamesoniana%206%20macro.JPG

jamesonianabloomprofile071806small.jpg

U. alpina

alpina06202005macroprofile.jpg

alpina06202005macro2small.jpg

Typical form vs. a giant form

alpinaABGvsHenryPittier10711061smal.jpg

U. praetermissa

praetermissa0622061.jpg

praetermissa0622062small.jpg

praetermissaprofile0622062small.jpg

And finally U. 'Jitka'

Jitkabloom4051306.jpg

JitkabloomprofileA051306.jpg

great looking pics everyone. I have got to figure out how to bloom all the other utrics I have. seems like sandersonii, livida, and one other want to bloom.

Back