What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

U. jamesoniana pictures

Pyro

N=R* fs fp ne fl fi fc L
Ladies and gentlemen, I present to you Utricularia jamesoniana blooming in cultivation for the first time in the U.S.

Side view (for reference that is a 10cm (4") pot)

jamesoniana%203.JPG

Front view

jamesoniana%204.JPG

Side macro

jamesoniana%203%20close.JPG

Side closer macro

jamesoniana%205.JPG

Side super macro

jamesoniana%205%20macro.JPG

Macro front view

jamesoniana%204%20close.JPG

Three quarter

jamesoniana%206.JPG

Three quarter macro

jamesoniana%206%20macro.JPG

Lowlight side

jamesoniana%201.JPG

Lowlight three quarter

jamesoniana%202.JPG

I did attempt to self the bloom and the ovary, while not massive, is showing some swelling so I hope that means seed (which will be provided to a professional TC lab.) I am also happy to report that a second flower spike is coming up!!

Hope you all enjoyed these

I enjoyed it! It was especially enjoyable on broadband, at work, as opposed to my dial up at home!
biggrin.gif

very cool and a big congrats Pyro. any clue as to what the plant is doing below the surface?

Making stolons tubers and runners most likely.

I have not disturbed this plant at all since I got it. The other couple that I got I have tampered with now and again and they have show different degrees of those growths.

ahhh, was just curious. ive made it habit to unpot my asplundii every 3 months or so to check out what its doing since it rarly has more than two leaves in a 3 inch pot but does normally have tons of stolons, runners and tubers millimeters below the surface of the LFS. my alpina appears to be the same way. just curious if U. jamesoniana behaved the same.

Geez, it's kinda small. Don't ya have any bigger plants?

LOL Tim, wheres the fun if you dont need tweezers and a magnifying glass?
smile_n_32.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (dodecatheon @ Sep. 07 2005,11:47)]Geez, it's kinda small. Don't ya have any bigger plants?
Ha, there's more fun in tiny plants since you can pack more species into your growspace.
smile_m_32.gif

Pyro,

Wouldn't expect much less from you, yet again, i'm still amazed.

Well done and congratulations! Now if you could only get ahold of Utricularia campbelliana it would be a boon to the CP community for sure, considering your willingness to share and also to get this sort of rare material into TC. Good luck with the seeds, I am rooting for you!

I'w working on it Tamlin
smile.gif

Right now, all the people I know who have a large numbers of campbelliana are asking for big money only the other people I know have only a single plant that is too small to divide. I am sure I will get it at some point though
smile.gif
Maybe both colour forms too if I am real lucky.

Now if I can just get my hands on buntingiana and unifolia to complete the collection...

Unifolia may be around in a few collections in Central America or Equador I understand, though not with anyone who uses any of the online forums.

I actually had it for a time but lost it when I moved from my apartment to my house.

There is a chance I will be getting it again in the near future but time will tell.

Back