What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Newbie looking for venus flytrap info ...

Sorry for the double post, just realized this sub-forum existed.

######################################

Hello everyone, completely new here. Just found this forum.

I remember when I was a kid my dad brought hom a venus flytrap and I got a charge out of it. I was maybe 8 or 9. It really opened up my eyes to the realities of plants vs. what I had assumed.

I was thinking about getting one for my kids to watch grow.

Any recommendations for a good/cheap source for these things in the US?

Thanks very much in advance,

Chris
http://amateureconblog.blogspot.com/

Welcome to the forums! Home Depot & Lowes sell them and possibly local nurseries / greenhouses. You're from Rochester? Like Pittsford, Irondequoit, Fairport...? I am mostly from Buffalo.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (jimscott @ Sep. 21 2005,11:31)]Welcome to the forums! Home Depot & Lowes sell them and possibly local nurseries / greenhouses. You're from Rochester? Like Pittsford, Irondequoit, Fairport...? I am mostly from Buffalo.
Home Depot sells them, thanks!

And yes, from Rochester.
smile_m_32.gif

Chris

From the City itself, as opposed to Gates or Chili? Well, happy "can-o-worms"!

Have you people forgotten who runs this forum???
smile_n_32.gif

Click on Petflytrap.com at the top of this page.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Alvin Meister @ Sep. 21 2005,12:43)]Have you people forgotten who runs this forum???
smile_n_32.gif

Click on Petflytrap.com at the top of this page.
I see it now, thanks Alvin!

[b said:
Quote[/b] (jimscott @ Sep. 21 2005,12:39)]From the City itself, as opposed to Gates or Chili? Well, happy "can-o-worms"!
I was born in the City, grew up in the city and Chili. Live with my family now in the Honeoye Falls area.

Yes, let me add that my biggest, best vfts were ordered from Petflytrap.com. And they give us this great forum as a bonus. Order from them, you will not be disappointed.

Capslock

I second that. I admit I was disappointed when I first got mine as I though they were duds (I was a super-newbie plus the friggin postal worker stuffed them into my mailbox to be forgotten for three days in the hot sun). Little did I know I was getting plants that were coming out of dormancy and within a month in full sun they exploded with growth and tons of big traps. Plus each pot came stuffed with three plants. Buy here!

Basically, if you want immediate, cheap, less than wonderful quality VFT's, a garden center is where to go. If you want good quality plants, then a place like PFT is the better option.

Honeoye? I've seen that exit from the I-90.

Back