What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Dorment?

• Thread starter JMurphy97
  • Start date
Do these look dorment or dying?

Your problem in posting photos is that your image link is to your local computer hard drive. To post a photo, it must reside on an Internet server, not your PC.

smile_h_32.gif
JMurphy97 cant see the pics, try loading um to photobucket and then posting um here..
smile_m_32.gif

your camera should have some sort of button or setting that looks like a picture of a flower. That setting is designed for close-up pictures of things like plants and bugs. give it a try...we can see these pictures now, but they're kinda blurry...

Wow ya got um in ok but yup i gota agree they are blurry but alittle on the large size, try croping them down alittle. I have a hard time with my dig cam all the time, i cant seem to get real good close ups even though i have very close shot on my cam it dont work that way.
smile_h_32.gif
I give ya alot of credit though you do better at that close of a shot than in do..
smile_m_32.gif

Those are pictures are killer on dial up (slow). Also a little blurry but I am sure you know that. Wait till you see my pictures they are not much better, I may have found a winner. k/d
smile_n_32.gif
It is that time of season to put them to sleep. I do mine after Thanksgiving.

It's hard to tell from your pictures, but it is time for them to go dormant. Mine's have already begun to get ugly. As long as the leaves don't flop and become mushy, your VFTs should be ok. Some of the summer growth may die back as winter comes.

A well grown plant should still look firm and succulent during the winter, just smaller though. Did your plant loose all its leaves all of a sudden, or was it a slower transition? It's hard to tell from your photos, but one of your plants look like it's got some nice firm traps coming out of the growth point. I think your plant is ok.

My plants both have some nice traps but they are low to the soil and turning black.

Back