What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

VFT "Banded"

All right! Whose got one??? Been looking for a few years, and sure would like to get one. Any help?? Pete D'Amato has some, and only wants $20.00 for one. $20.00???????? Dang! I used to buy bandeds by the hundreds in 1965 for $.69 for a pot of three!!!!!
For an olde article, and a good one to read, May, 1961 National Geographic. The article is about Plants that eat insects, by Dr. Paul A. Zahl. Some I.D.'s are not right, but this is what we used to read in my day. The VFT pics are really nice!

I had three,but sadly they are dead and gone.Have you tried Dean Cook?

Jerry

No. As the Governor used to say, "I'll be back!"

What's Peter D'Amato's website?

Went there. Not one banded. They were there last year. Not this year.

Did you have Dean Cook notify when they will be back in stock, because that's what I did and they should eventually be back in stock with in a couple months. I did this with the Low Giant and Red Pirahna varieties too.

Good plan. I'll do it! Thanx!!!

I did a google search for vft banded and the first one has my name in the topic.I had forgot that I sent one to Bobz.

Jerry

You indeed did, Jerry. I will have to check when I get home to see if it is still alive. It survived the summer, but was growing very slowly. It is amazing that some clones are extremely hardy and others very weak (at least under my growing conditions).

Bugster,
[b said:
Quote[/b] ] For an olde article, and a good one to read, May, 1961 National Geographic. The article is about Plants that eat insects, by Dr. Paul A. Zahl.
You just gave me a flash of memories with this line. We moved into a new - old house when I was a kid and one of the closets had stacks of Nat. Geographics. I spent quite a bit of time looking thru those mags! Paul Zahl almost always had the coolest articles. I remember one he had on these giant frogs that lived next to waterfalls... he had a heck of a time catching them because they leaped into the torrent whenever he came into view...

I have observed the same thing with the strong/weak clones of vft.

Jerry

Back