What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What the heck!?!

glider14

Always a newbie
Ok i got my second VFT yesterday(I have better conditions now)from a local nursery and the leaves were huge and green and red in the middle. Im guessing its healthy but shouldnt it be in dormancy? All I need to do right is cut off the leaves, spray with fungucide, put in a plastic baggie and put it in the refrigerator right? This is my question...Is it to late to put into dormancy?
and a question about the fungucide...on mine the active ingredient is "extract of neem oil'. is this ok to use? the name is "Garden Safe 'Fungucide 3'"

Glider, it may be a little too late for dormancy . It may well still survive as I have plants that have lived through a winter in full growth, and flower, and just kept on going until the following winter. Does not mean you will have the same experience, but at this point, it may be too late. Give it a shot growth wise.

ok thanks bugweed and about the fungucide...is it ok??

smile.gif

Glider, I don't know anything about your product. Try Cleary 3336WP for your fungicide (buy it here at Terra Forums. Its cheap and very effective.). My VFT's are flowering, and growing. Coming out of dormancy here. Now watch it do a cold snap! And sarrs are flowering too! EEEEKKKK!!!!

Put your plant on a warm, sunny windowsill and forget about dormancy until next year.

Back