What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Seeds - now what?

Hi everybody,

Okay, so I purchased 15 VFT seeds from ebay.  Now what?  Obviously I plant them  
smile_m_32.gif
   I bought some peat moss - so here are my questions.

Do I plant all 15 in one pot?  

Is it too early to plant them and put them on my window sill? (I live in the northeast, so it's still kind of cold here)

Any other tips would be appreciated.  Thanks.

Plant them all in one pot but spread them out right now after you read this. Mix the peat with some perlite and sand if you have it. Make it real wet on top. Put the date that you planted them and keep it in a sunny window and damp. And wait.

I live in Wisconsin and mine worked. It's ball shrinking cold here still. As long as it's about 65-70 and up by that window it's good. Maybe you might want to get some cleary 3336 fungicide so no mold or fungus grows. If it's not warm enough get a heat pad and put them on top of it. Make sure you have good air flow and then you just wait. And let us know when you have germination.

Here is a link to the ICPS seed bank growing guide ICPS seed bank

That should give you all the info you need.

Good luck and welcome to the forums.
Steve

Oh yeah and in case you don't know by now don't use tap water on any CP's.

and use SUPERTHRIVE!!!!

ojfp5c.jpg

recommended by Bugweed!

Back