What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Accidental cutting successes- any stories?

A store-bought venus flytrap had a flower stalk, which I sliced off the moment I bought it, and left in moist sphagnum upright-

It still hasn't died, and it seems like it's growing.

Also while repotting some VFTs a leaf fell off, with white tissue intact, which I promptly glued down into some soil- and it's growing too!

I accidentally broke a few leaves off one of my seedling venus flytraps, so I stuck the leaves in some peat moss, and now I have baby VFT's.

I think Tony Parobek once rooted an accidently severed trap. Its a ways back in the archives but if you dig a bit you may find the thread. My personal experience has been somewhat less than exemplary where cuttings are concerned.

Steve

i took a cutting and its very wiered that a roly poly(from the soil i guess) crawled into the "mouth" and the trap closed! i didnt think they coud do that!...or can they?

Back