What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sowing Seeds?

Is it ok to sow seeds? I checked my e-mail for the Sarracenia northwest e-letter and it says its ok, im sure they are right but they live in like zone 7? i dunno imin zone 5/6. Just wanted to double check and make sure!

cheers

Yes!!!!!!!

Are you sowing them inside or outside? If inside go for it. If outside, it would depend on how cold your weather is going to get. If it's not going to get above freezing, why bother sowing until it warms up a little?

hmmm Why wait? Whats the difrence between my fridge and the way it is now? Im sure it gets pleanty cool in my fridge but wouldnt this be a nice introduction to the natural light to the seedlings. I wait for a few more bumps (if any) for some more info!

It still gets below freezing.. so im probably going to wait.
laugh.gif
i dunno ill wait for some more bumps though as i said. Sorry to be so undecided!

Cheers

BCK's advice is stronger and more complete than my simple "Yes!!" I wasn't thinking about outdoor sowing and possible frigid current temps. Check out this current topic for a little supplemental info:

VFT seeds

Why are they in the fridge?

Sow them now and put them outside. If its too cold still they will simply get a brief natural stratification and then sprout when they are ready.

ok well they are in the fridge because i got them around Christmas time when i orderd the CP E-book from cobraplants.com.

Cheers

This is in the VFT forum, so do you have any VFT seeds? These don't need stratifying and lose freshness quickly. Store them dry in the fridge and sow them in warm weather.

Yes what type of seeds do you have?

They are VFT seeds they are typical im sure.

Cheers

Back