What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

My dente I just got.

Here is a pic of my dente I just got. They said it was dorment and I'm hoping it will look a lot better soon.

Pic

Gotta work on the focus a little
smile_n_32.gif
. My rule of thumb is if there's still green healthy growth at the center of the plant, then there's hope. Since there appeaers to be green leaves still on the plant, I'd say it will recover and be fine.

Wow. Did you take that picture in a moving car?
smile_n_32.gif
For all I can tell, it's an octopus or something.

From what I can tell (which isn't saying much), it looks better than my Pink Venus I got from them. The Big Mouth hasn't skipped a beat though!

[b said:
Quote[/b] (JMurphy97 @ Mar. 22 2006,12:40)]Here is a pic of my dente I just got. They said it was dorment and I'm hoping it will look a lot better soon.

Pic
Try again with your photo, it is terribly out of focus and we can't tell what we're seeing.

We want to see your plant!

Tom

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Mannex17 @ Mar. 22 2006,6:51)]From what I can tell (which isn't saying much), it looks better than my Pink Venus I got from them.  The Big Mouth hasn't skipped a beat though!
Of all the different types I've bought, The pink VFT is the only one that has giving me any trouble. It completely died above ground. I left it alone and now it seems to be coming back. Maybe they need an earlier dormacy?

Those outer leaves on my Pink Venus picture have died off, but the three emerging traps in the center seem to be growing.

Yea mine has come emerging traps so I think it's a good sign.

Here is a pic of my pink. This thang was dead to the world two months ago.
Picture%20792.JPG

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]It completely died above ground. I left it alone and now it seems to be coming back. Maybe they need an earlier dormacy?

Yeah, my 'Pink Venus' dies back pretty hard during the winter, but despite the fact that it looks like death warmed over, when I clear the dead foliage off in the spring, there's new growth. The leaves may look bad, but as long as the rhizome is happy, you're golden. Still, my traps remain fairly small, hoping to see some more improvement this year!
smile.gif

Back