What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Terrarium Germination

seedjar

Let's positive thinking!
OK, so this year I have some spare light fixtures and a bunch of Sarr seeds. Bugweed and several other growers told me about raising Sarr seedlings without dormancy for the first year or two under lights. I figured I'd build a small germination terrarium with my spare parts to do this batch of seed, as I'm quickly running out of room for plants on my porch.
Researching VFT germination, I found on the ICPS FAQ that by repotting after about four months, VFT seedlings can be tricked into growing a second season without dormancy. I was hoping that I could throw my VFT seeds in with the Sarr seeds, for maybe a year or so. (The Sarr seedlings should be good to go for two years.) Has anyone tried raising VFT seedlings this way? Any advice? What kind of temps can I get away with? Photoperiods? What about 24 hour light?
Thanks,
~Joe

VFT's might be able to go the first year without. I know alot of the growers say thier TC plants don't need dormacy the first year.

Sow them all now and worry about them in 2 year's time
smile.gif

Back