What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

My one lonely little plant

here are a couple pics of jesus, the vft i picked up from walmart. so far, so good. i've got it in an oversized pot so it hopefully won't dry out that easily. ( i live in TX)

IM000795.jpg

IM000792.jpg

Just a couple thoughts - Is that a ceramic pot? I only use plastic, so that nothing bad leaches into the media. Also, more important than the pot that it is in, is what the pot is sitting in, with respect to ensuring that it doesn't dry out. If it were me, I would use a plastic pot and sit in a container that holds a few inches of water - like a Gladware container. Plant looks good.
smile.gif

Hmm...

I would get a deeper watering tray, at least a few inches. That pot looks fully glazed so it's fine. I have a few VFT's growing in glazed pots that are doing good.

Lets hope Jesus lives on.

Unglazed pottery will NOT leech anything if it's made in the US. Terracotta could leech iron, but ceramic pottery (white kind) can't and wont.

Whenever I use unglazed pottery it tends to get moldy and nasty. I just stay away from it completly.

wow. thanks for the input, you guys! i'll try to remember to get a deeper tray before it starts smoldering outside

Back