What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Bulbs taking :D

Well, I was skeptical (but patient) that the bulbs I ordered would actually take, but today, when watering my plants (still not reliably warm enough where I am to leave outside) I noticed that a few of the bulbs have begun to send up new traps. Still tiny now, but definately new growth.

Tomorrow, after exams, I'll see if I can/'t get some photos, but I was pretty excited.

Also, the full plants that came with the order seem to be perking up as well, more so after I repotted them in peat instead of the stuff they came in.

Did you take any picks of the bulbs? Keep an eye out for mold or funji growing.
I just split a couple of plants up. I used coco fiber and sand. When I watered with ro I tested the water that was running through. Ro was a conductivity of 10 and the water that run through was about 200. I keped rinsing till it came down. I think it's a good idea to rinse anything well. Does any one else do this. Its always stressfull getting new or repotting insnt it. Good luck Teck
Stephen

[b said:
Quote[/b] (tekknoschtev @ April 12 2006,11:27)]Tomorrow, after exams, I'll see if I can/'t get some photos, but I was pretty excited.

Yeah, I've got some pictures (see below). As for water, depending on how much of a hurry I am in, I use either filtered water from the PuR water filter that Lansing gave us due to higher than normal lead levels (which, according to their reports, is only one or two ppt higher than average, so who knows, but I got two free tap filters out of the deal) or RODI water from back home which we use for our 150gal reef tank and numerous other salty tanks.

Oddly enough, I started repotting the full plants before I had read that repotting is better to do in the beginning of dormancy or during dormancy, but it was too late at that point, and I freaked. Alas, they are doing fine - better than before though that may be due to better lighting and more water.

vftbulbsprout2.jpg

vftbulbsprout.jpg

Well, my camera is in South Carolina with my brother (he borrowed it for Spring Break under penalty of death if it comes back broken
smile_n_32.gif
) but I came back from being home for the weekend to find three more of the bulbs showing growth, the one I posted above has about doubled in size and has anothe trap coming out.

The full plants have at least three new traps each. Pretty amazing if you ask me.

Back