What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

blooming VFT

i will hate to cut the flowers, will it die if it bloom?, she is strong looking plant and she sleep fine. the flower is 2" hight.
cut it?

If you want to see what the flowers look like or to try to get seed, then let it bloom. Don't be suprised though if your plants growth slows down for a while. Flowering uses up a lot of a VFTs energy. Your VFT shouldn't die if it's healthy, however.

ok, really i will like let it bloom, but if it is in danger i cut the flower, should i feed it?, but well last question, so t can suvirve later of flower?

After the flower stalk gets to be a few inches tall the damage is already done so you might as well let it flower. I would guess feeding it would help it recover and if it is very healthy then it should survive after flowering, but look forward to slow growth for several months.

Sounds like you want it to bloom and your plant is healthy. I'd say let it bloom. Last year I let many plants bloom and there were no ill effects. Yeah like BCK said, growth will slow down. For me, no traps form during blooming and seed production. It'll take about a month for the plant to come back strong. But trust me your plant WILL come back strong.

Here's a shot

Bigmouth8.jpg

This plant is really strong; it just kept making monster traps during flowering. It didn't cluster up and stayed a single bulb. Cool huh? A knowledable friend of mine (Brad on CPUK) said that flowering could make your plant cluster, make your plant's growth momentarily freeze, or doesn't affect growth whatsoever, depending on how your plant feels. I also remember him saying there's no avoiding it, once the flower spike initiated growth, your plant will be subjected to the flowering effects of clustering or not clustering or growing right on strong. Ok well I'll stop talking but hope this assure's that your plant won't die.

Phong

ok im calm now i will tell ya all what happend a month later
biggrin.gif

Back