What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Will they burn in a greenhouse?

I have my VFT's and sundews by my east window and I was wondering would they burn if I moved them stright to the mini greenhouse I bought? I bought it mostly for the shelves it has because the pvc cover comes off (which it will be off in the summer to have them under the real sun). Plus the temps are supposed to get back down into the 40's so won't that actually help keep them warm if I move them out now?

I live in the Pacific northwest ~ Oregon , and we keep our flytraps outside pretty much all year round , snow and all.from what i've read temps in the 40's are fine for traps , i have babies and starter roots outside now and they are doing fine ~ take in more replies though ,if youve had them inside and they have done well for you all this time i'd hate to pass on bad advice and cause chattering frozen trap teeth. i have a green house that houses pings for fruit fly catchers and they thrive. good luck ~

I would probably do it and keep a close watch on them. If you lose them let me know through PM. I may be able to send you a replacement.

If you are moving any plant from indoor conditions to direct sun you must (harden them off).
Start out with 1 hour of sun/day for 2-3days then 2 so on. If you just put them in direct sun they will burn.
I can't understand what you mean by the greenhouse. If it is like one I have and has 2 zippers to close the door, about 4'wide2'deep5'tall. It may get way too hot in direct sun, with the door closed. It will help keep frost off at night though.
I am starting to do the same thing I have had some vfts under floresents and some in a sw window. They spent there first hr. under the big light today.
You could find a spot that gets 1hr of direct sun and the rest shade. Then move every 3 or so days.
Good luck.
Stephen

Back