What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

VFTs in just LFS

I have five VFTs and a ten inch pot filled with LFS. I have a nep in there right now but I'm moving it to another pot. So the thing is I wanna know if they would be ok in just LFS. No peat moss or anything. Plus would they be better in the winter in a bigger size pot anyway? Let me know.

The more volume the better. AFAIK, VFT's like a good amount of sand as well. They seem to do best when there is good drainage and sand provides that.

^Tru Dat^

I grow my VFT's in strait LFS and they do great. Bigger pots are always a plus.

Good then I'll try it. Saves some peat and water to get the mix together. Would the roots get too cold though in the winter? Peat seems thicker to help keep the roots warm when it's cold.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (JMurphy97 @ May 21 2006,1:17)]Good then I'll try it. Saves some peat and water to get the mix together. Would the roots get too cold though in the winter? Peat seems thicker to help keep the roots warm when it's cold.
Dont worry about that. LFS is fine.

LFS = long fibered sphagnum

Back