What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

VTF yellowing.

I have two VTFs in a 6 in glazed ceramic pot, one of the plants started gettting yellowing on the trap part so i just figured "eh its just a leaf dying" but then all of them started getting this even on a newly formed one. Now it has totaly stoped growth, also one really weird thing is that once in a while a trap would close for no reason. Do you guys know what this is? I got one of the plants maybe three weeks ago and the other around a week ago, so far the second plant has had no signs of this and has just taken off, the one that is having the problems i got from a GC and the other i got from a food store. There is nothing wrong with my conditions, about 80-85 degrees and around 60% humidity, using water tray method with rain water.

what about light? maby they are getting too much? one of mine is in full sun and its still green but its more of a lime green.
alex

They are in 4-5 hours of direct light, so i don't think light is an issue. I have been looking around and it seems that the simptoms i have are kinda like root rot, i am using the tray method like letting the tray dry before filling again, so it is not very probable that it is that. So you think they are getting to much light? It is not fungus i know that cause if it was both plants would be efected by it, since they are so close together.

I duno about too much light. Mine stay in full sun here in GA all day, and are always in water. It might be a fungus, but then again I duno. I use rain water collected in a 55 gallon drum from my roof top. It sounds strange though. Maybe just a stressed out plant? Have any pitures for the experts?

4-5 hours I dont think is enough. Do you have them indoors? I keep mine in the full day direct light Sun rise to sun set out doors. And they get nice colration. You should think about giving them more light.

Cheers

Not enough light would not make all the leaves die suddenly i don't think, i'm thinking it is just really stressed, i hope it perks up. i think i will just wait it out, its not a fungus cause the other plant is showing no signs of this and has been in the same pot as the affected for a week.

Back