What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

how long does a venus flytrap live I've heard about 25 years is that true, also in that time does it get any bigger or does it just stay the same size once it gets a certain size?

Well, BobZ has plants he bought in 1955. I have plants 33 years old. NO ONE I know has ever outlived a VFT. How long they really live has never been looked into, but the concept that they live two or three decades is wrong (Savage Garden) as they live longer than that if properly cared for. That's right! I have had some VFT's that were purchased in 1973!!!! BobZ's plants are 51 years old. I'm afraid Bob and I both will go before the plants do!!!!!

And I will be right there at the funeral to collect them...

Not if I'm there in front of you. It would be fascinating indeed to pass a VFT on from generation to generation. "Well, Son, your great great grandfather gave it to my grandfather and my grandfather gave it to your grandfather and he gave it to me and now I'm giving it to you." LOL
smile_n_32.gif
smile_m_32.gif

Back