What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

can u cut a trap.......

that has turnd black?
good or bad?

Good
smile.gif

Get snipping, but don't cut into anything green.

I agree! It's normal for aging traps to turn black and die off. It's a good idea to leave the trap on until the entire thing is black, that way the plant gets to reclaim as much orgranic material and nutrients as possible from the dying trap.

id rather ask u guys
i like your answers

Fine. Do not expect me to answer any further questions from you. If you are too lazy to do your own reading then I am too lazy to care if your plants die.

Steve

lol
i did read
but i just wanted to know what your guyses opinions were
its not like that website has ALL the answers and those are the ONLY answers

Hello Geffcardo
smile.gif

It is fine for you to ask questions. Everybody here has probably read articles and books on CPs but you still have questions. And getting different opinions is good. Then you can draw your own conclusions on what way you'd like to grow YOUR plants.

If reading articles and books answered every question everybody has, there would be no need for this forum.
smile.gif
So ask away! Those who wish to answer can and those who don't want to don't have to.

Just like Est said, all traps will eventually blacken and die. Its totally natural. New traps will grow from the center. But its a slow process so have patience. Sometimes you'll have a plant with no mature traps and sometimes there will be nothing but new traps...or a mix of both. Just allow your plant to do what it does naturally. Only if you see the center dying out should you be concerned.

Yeah Pak,
Thanks man

biggrin.gif

Yeah...ah reckon wimmins jes' can't grow CPs....
smile_l_32.gif
 Ah better go get my shot of testosterone so my oopalooba's don't grow back.

laugh.gif

Geffcardo...you're welcome gal.  
smile_m_32.gif

A quote from our esteemed member Bugweed on a different thread:

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]Remember one thing, you can read all you want to learn things, but the plants do not read your books. The best learning comes from practical experience, and screwing up from time to time. You can learn more from the people who use these forums. Their experience is the best teacher of all!! Beware of those who trust only what they read!!!!

Back