What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

red+isotox=green?!

Well that was kinda unexpected. I sprayed my plants today for aphids with isotox. Came back ten minutes later and my supposed 'Red Dragon' is now almost completely green. Has anyone else had this happen before
smile_h_32.gif

Red to green in 10 minutes? Wow! I have never heard of that. It sounds like you chemically neutralized the anthocyanin the trap. What formulation and concentration of isotox did you use? Was the plant in full sun?

I used it at 1 tps per gallon. Also it was in full sun, and the plant doesnt have that waxy shine it used to have

Veeeery interesting.... This calls for some tests....

Hmmmm that is insteresting. I knwo with orchids thewre are some pest control chems that your only suposed to spray during the evening when it is cool. Mainly those that have alcohol or neam oil in them. That is very interesting keep us posted on it.

Well some of the red is coming back in the petioles. My largest trap though is still green. Also the petioles look kinda like when you put water on paper and use a water color on it, cant think of the term
smile_l_32.gif
. Anyway, its red on the outside edges but green on the center. But at least the aphids are gone...I hope.

Back