What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

"Thank you for rescuing me from Wal-Mart!"

Here's a little guy (well, he's not so little anymore!) that I took home from Wal-Mart a while back. He hangs out in a terrarium of mine, which is illuminated by two 43 watt warm white light compact flourescent bulbs.

JuneCPpics029.jpg

wow nice. Walmart and stuff actually has decent vft's sometimes, though for 5 bucks each I usually don't get them.

nice!

hes had it for a while too dont forget that!

Nice save!!
Usually when I go to Wal-Mart, their VFTs are turning yellow all over.....

if theyre turning yellow....is that bad?

[b said:
Quote[/b] (nepenthes_ak @ July 18 2006,8:18)]hes had it for a while too dont forget that!
So true. I saved this little guy about two months ago.

And thanks for all the nice words everyone!

Looking good, Mitch!

[b said:
Quote[/b] (LLeopardGGecko @ July 18 2006,2:12)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (nepenthes_ak @ July 18 2006,8:18)]hes had it for a while too dont forget that!
So true. I saved this little guy about two months ago.
Lol. Great VFT, Mitch! Mine seriously needs some repotting.

-Ben

Hey Ben! Long time no talk!

I think this is the official re-opening of the "VFT in Terrariums" club
smile_m_32.gif

I just recently saved a vft from walmart, but it doesnt look near as good as yours. Mine hasn't gotten better, but it hasnt gotten any worse either. Still hangin in there.

if my camera worked i would show you the one i got at wal mart, it is looking good, the i got was lucky cause i got it just after it arrived, my prying eyes got it out of a box before they put them on the shelf, but sadly over the next couple moths the others were not doing that good. moral of the story wal mart does not know how to take care of vft and so if you see one there that is in good shape buy it and give it proper care

Back