What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Almost that time, again...

joossa

Aklys
I know there is still lots of time before Dionaea's should go into winter dormancy, but I want to ask this question now so that I know the facts early.

My plants are growing in a terrarium. I have had them since April, and they are doing fine. The conditions during winter where I live are NOT sutable for VFT's winter domrmancy.

So... Is it ok to trim off all leaves, gentley wash off the peat from the bulb, add a little fungicide powder to the bulb, and insert the bulb into a baggie that contains a paper towel with moist (not wet just moist) peat moss? Then insert it in the refrigerator for the duration of dormancy (basically Thanksgiving to Valentine's day).

Is this okay? Any problems?

For an extremely well written description on how to do dormancy using the fridge method, check out Scottychaos' post here: Fridge Method It is very detailed and includes a pictoral of the process.

Good luck
Steve

Thanks a lot. That helped!

[b said:
Quote[/b] (vft guy in SJ @ Aug. 04 2006,3:52)]For an extremely well written description on how to do dormancy using the fridge method, check out Scottychaos' post here: Fridge Method It is very detailed and includes a pictoral of the process.

Good luck
Steve
That artical is awesome! The photos help and are great too. If it's not a sticky it should be!

Thanks!

Tom

Actually what I can do is put that in the forum's Articles section.  Don't forget to check there for all kinds of informative reference articles.  
smile.gif

Back