What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Are these bugs bad for VFT??

A green grasshopper in a 3cms trap (typical vft). The only artificial meal I actually fed them with something bigger than flies. I mostly stick up with the 1/3 rule that joossa mentioned
smile_m_32.gif

And the video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jKNZy8ijUtg

The trap sealed fine. If it wasn't too late in the year(, the grasshopper would probably be digested. I don't blame the size of the insect, the same happened with some traps that caught flies, didn't reopen and died. Next attempt, summer 2007  
laugh.gif

wow...that is a really cool pic there buddy. and your VFT;s look amazing. do u grow them inside??

And yeah....thats entirely true...everyone I guess learns what works for them with CP's. Some ppl see plants die for a reason which others use everyday for beautiful looking plants. SO I guess it entirely depends with the plant u r working with and a number of other factors which we can't even begin to comprehend.
biggrin.gif

Back