What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

My venus fly trapIm I doing something wrong?

I have bought a vft. and it is outdoors and i think that birds are attacking it!.

And i can see most leaves riped off. will they grow back its been a week i dont see any new ones growing? Please help i dont want to kill my plant...

And also,Can they eat any bugs or are there some bugs they shouldence eat?
I heard that if u dont have a lot of bugs around u u should try dry fish food is that true?

they usually only attract the edible ones so your plant should be alright. The plant might be being attacked by birds, but it also might be squirrles. however they usually pull the plant up from the ground.

It is likely that the critters are getting a free meal from the VFT's, by plucking bugs from the traps, and being rather inconsiderate about it. You can buy or construct a cage for them.

I wouldn't go out of your way to feed them anything, particularly slugs and beetles. They tend to kill the traps.

A VFT can easily take a few weeks to recover from being ruthlessly disturbed.

Back