What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Big Traps vs. Other Giant forms?

U

Unregistered

Hello again everyone!

I had a quick question for those with larger collections and more experience than myself, regarding the "Big Traps" cultivar. I already have a low giant, Dingley giant, big mouth and czech giant VFT, and can see differences among these, but I have wondered about how "Big Traps" would differ from them.

Does anyone with some or all of the above cultivars have any input on what the differences are between them and "Big Traps"? I would appreciate any input on it. I don't mind having another VFT regardless, but I don't usually see a lot written about this particular cultivar (versus a *lot* about some of the others) so I wonder if there's anything special about it or what.

Whatever opinions you have, please toss 'em this way!

I don't think there is a "Big Traps" cultivar. There are probably hundreds of largish trapped plants out there which somebody has christened Big Traps!

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Alexis @ Oct. 26 2006,3:44)]I don't think there is a "Big Traps" cultivar. There are probably hundreds of largish trapped plants out there which somebody has christened Big Traps!
Strange. If you go to, for example, Michael Szesze's website, he offers Big Traps along with other named cultivars (registered and otherwise) that I'm sure everyone has heard of. I have seen some pictures of this "Big Traps" on another forum somewhere that looked really beautiful, but the traps did not appear large.

Hmm. Here's one pic that was linked to in that post:

bigtraps2.jpg

Does anyone know if this coloration is typical or is this something of an exception?

looks like a pretty weak insect catcher...id rather have "Big Mouth"

is big mouth the one with the deeper cup like traps ??

Back