What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Dionaea Muscipula: Photo thread

vraev

Carnivorous plant enthusiast
Admin
Hi guys,

I noticed that there is a photo thread in the sarr forums and so on. I hence decided to start one for amazing VFT.
smile.gif

My friend came over today with his camera. Finally a regular 3 megapixel camera to take pictures with.

Now this is how my plants really look. ;) . Notice the light is very yellow. This is because one light is different from the other. One a solar, the other is unknown...yet the VFT's are able to withstand it..so I'm happy.
smile.gif

anyways here goes....hope you guys can contribute as well.
smile.gif
I'll start off with this one I just downsized and added the name. (reason: I plan to put it on deviantart.
biggrin.gif
)

B-52 Venus Fly trap
-------------------

---------------------------------------------

Typical Venus Fly trap
----------------------

A picture which I am particularly proud of....well...4 pics actually put together and blended with photoshop. Its a pic of where my terrarium is in the room.
I made this to show the location of my nep presently.

roomxv1.jpg

---more to come---I am still editing them for size---

cheers,

vraev

nice pics, I'm hoping to get a web cam soon. when I do i'll post a picture of mine.

-peace

Thanks. looking forward to your pics as well.
smile.gif

well. your not going to get many considering dormancy. but yours do look very nice!
Alex

thanks alex.
smile.gif

Here's some pics of my VFT in spring when I grew it in my terrarium:

vft24web.JPG

vft25web.JPG

vft26web.JPG

vft29web.JPG

I grow it outside now 'cause I need more space.

-Ben

holy crap.....what kind of light did u use??
biggrin.gif
they look outstanding.

Same as for my U. calycifida
biggrin.gif
In fact, my VFT would have been right next to it. I was very lucky to find a flourescent lamp fixture that held two bulbs in it right next to each other (that someone was throwing away
rock.gif
) , and all the wiring was in this little box. So, it helped with space alot. And back then I also had 2 27 watt CFs, totalling to around 82 watts. So I have two fixtures on one tank. Now I have 2 30 watt CFs, about 90 watts. But, it did take a bit of time for its traps to color up like that.

-Ben

Wow very impressive looking VFT's, Drosera!!!!!
oh.gif

Thats soo nice Ben. WOW....I have this 27 watt lightsofamerica CFL which has a 6500 K temp and 82 CRI. I think next time I will get another bulb of these...try to make a fixture that can take two of these...I am pretty sure the traps will colour up like that. All the colour I have on my plants traps is because of just one of these lamps.....I bet 2 of these would colour up the plants really well.
biggrin.gif

this is my flytrap. i got it late june or july
i used a camera phone to take the pics sooo theyre not as good as the previous ones but let me know if these r n good condition
this during summer
1140899526_l.jpg

now
61118001.jpg

same pic on top
61118002.jpg

I bought all five of these plants at Fred Meyer's gradually, over the past month and a half, and replanted all of them into a bigger pot. Its a mix between dentate's and typicals. a couple of my traps are a little over an inch wide, and a couple are even cloning themselves. I keep the pot outside in a tray with about a quarter inch of distilled water. Since I got them I've put about four spiders in the pot. I love watching the spiders crawl to their doom
jestera.gif
biggrin.gif
Only the typicals seem to eat the spiders, I think it's because the trigger hairs are more developed on those ones. My plants are starting to enter dormancy, so soon I won't be able to feed them(It's hard to find spiders in the winter)
Well, I guess I must be doing something right. I cant wait for the spring, I feel very confident that they'll all grow back vigourosly and healthy.

here's the pic

pict0098ok8.jpg

Neon, did ya ask permission to use Rob's picture as your avatar? Lol, somehow I noticed.

-Ben

wow...nice plants everyone. All my VFT's have max of like 5 traps with more growing when I regularly feed them. I noticed a faster grow rate with bugs and hence I feed them.
smile.gif

....Who's rob? I got the avatar off of google images, Am I like not suposed to do that? I typed in "King sundew" to find it... are you just making an observation or am I in trouble...LOL, sorry if I sound like an idiot...Is my avatar a picture of Rob's palnt or something....I didn't know you had to ask permission

well...some ppl are tempermental over using their "hard taken" pictures and would prefer a little note while using them as sigs or avatars. I personally think its alright though....but maybe you should find either another pic or get robert's permission...btw..I do not know who rob is as well
rock.gif

jestera.gif
I guess I'll change it to one of my pictures to be on the safe side. Should be different in just a sec.

I looked at the image and recognized it. The url was of Rob-Rah's website. Using images from google doesn't mean that it's ok to use it, they could very well be copyrighted. Just I guess find out where the pic comes from, and ask the person who made it if you can use it.

-Ben

Here are some I have growing on my back deck in a "mini-bog" setup

minibog1.jpg

Cheers'
Av

woah.....that looks great....real nice picture there buddy! I love the moss background. :) BTW..is that a washed out red dragon or the clayton's sunset. CS is such an expensive VFT.

Back