What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Flytraps

lol! yeah! I remember that one....the episode of the family guy "family reality show"....meg being replaced...lol! yeah...that was wicked.

I know they're so weird...but in a good way. It's almost like they're alive or like they're from some other planet. sometimes I wish I could turn my entire backyard into a bog and plant thousands of them there. Then I'd put a little boardwalk through it and everyday, after school, I'd just sit out there and watch them in peace.:boogie (Am I the only person thats ever fantasized about that...hopefully not) Also what's cool is that there's such a great variety of them. I mean you've got bright red traps, green traps, big traps, small traps. there are so many kinds. I've gonna have to do a lot of propagation this spring.

Oh, I definitely have to post some pics of my VFT's when it starts to warm up.

-Gabe

They are alive
smile.gif

I notice that your plants have no insect carcasses in them. Do you cover them in some way to prevent feeding?

[b said:
Quote[/b] (JustLikeAPill @ Jan. 10 2007,8:02)]They are alive
smile.gif
I know, but doesn't it sometimes seem like they're more animal than plant...For gosh sakes, after I fed my Plant its first spider I named it pedro. Now on one hand thats just sad, but on the other hand a plant must be pretty impressive in order for someone to do something as strange as that...And on the third hand it's just sad. Did anyone else here name there first Venus Fly Trap, or am I going to have to take the embarrassment for this one?

My plants eat quite a bit of insects even though it might not appear so in my photos. Actually the picture with all the red traps is in the fall when most all the tall summer leaves were trimmed off from dyeing back.

Another blast from the past.
By the time I found this little guy it was too late.
I think it was a small tree frog ?
frogfordinnerki4.jpg

lol! I must say I haven't gone as far as giving the plant a NAME. But I address others to it as "B52" or typicals.
tounge.gif

But u r not alone in your dream. I want to have thousands of VFT;s like weeds growing in my personal enclosure which will completely be designed like the Carolina's. In the center there will be a big high slab with a power outlet allowable for me to use my laptop. Now that is peace in nature and work as well.
biggrin.gif
lol! now that is my dream.

BTW Jmatt! WOW......now David Attenborough has got to see that. lol! I guess the trap will rot but its interesting to see the VFT has no objection to catch whatever comes in its way.

Yes, back then I did remove the frog. I figured it would only kill the trap being half out.
JMatt

well Jmatt....to leave us in awe, do u have any more pictures of your magnificent specimens? :)

Probably, I will look.
JMatt

I know they're so weird...but in a good way. It's almost like they're alive or like they're from some other planet. sometimes I wish I could turn my entire backyard into a bog and plant thousands of them there. Then I'd put a little boardwalk through it and everyday, after school, I'd just sit out there and watch them in peace.:boogie (Am I the only person thats ever fantasized about that...hopefully not) Also what's cool is that there's such a great variety of them. I mean you've got bright red traps, green traps, big traps, small traps. there are so many kinds. I've gonna have to do a lot of propagation this spring.

Oh, I definitely have to post some pics of my VFT's when it starts to warm up.

-Gabe

Wow I was just thinking about that earlier. But if it ever happen I know that one or both of htese 2 things WILL happen. I will either be so happy I forget everything and just jump on them and roll around killing injuring them. Or my cats and dogs will chew on them and walk all over them.

I'll have to post pics of my meager collection at the lake this summer.

Come to think of it... I need more sarracenia to fill things in.

Back