What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

A rare treat... Pics from Phil Faulisi's place

vft guy in SJ

VFT and Drosera lover
Hi all.. For those of you that know him, you will know that Phil does not often allow cameras into his greenhouse. I have been privaliged enough to be among the few who have been allowed to take and post pictures of his fabulous collection. These pictures were taken back in mid July 2006. Unfortunately I do not have plant names to attach to the photos at this time.. I will be posting other pics from this series into the appropriate forums.

Enjoy
Steve

Edit: I should add that the main reason why Phil does not allow his collection to be posted on forums is that he gets harassed for cuttings and trades and such... PLEASE allow me to continue to be allowed to show off this great collection and do not harass Phil for his plants.

P1010001.sized.jpg

P1010002.sized.jpg

P1010003.sized.jpg

P1010020.sized.jpg

P1010021.sized.jpg

P1010022.sized.jpg

P1010034.sized.jpg

Nice! Love that giant clump of D. filiformis. Those pygmies look awesome, too. Like a carpet of.. death mmmmmm The Dionaea are pretty monstrous! In a good way!

Those are some nice VFTs! How does he harvest the gemmae off the pygmy sundews? That crowded together would make them a challenge to collect. Looks nice though. I think I'll try that with some of mine. :D

there is a reason he didnt give the name. read VFT guy in SJ's notice.
Alex

I did but that didnt help me at all. What I am wandering is is he a CP seller and/or just a CP owner with ALOT of CPs?

Uhhh I posted the name right in the topic title.

Phil is a local grower and the pictures you are viewing are from his private collection.

Steve

Very nice plants, thanks for taking the time to share them with us!

Awesome pictures (as I've said in the other forums). I can't wait for my VFTs to get traps that big... and the pygmea drosera are awesome too.

really nice pictures there....plants are all properly trimmed and maintained. NICE ! :D

Thanks for the nice comments everyone. Yes my plants are always properly trimmed and well groomed. It provides much better health to the plant, IMO.

BigCarnivore- Yes I do allow all my pygmy dews to grow crowded together...but harvesting the gemmae is a sinch. When the carpet of plants has ripened its gemmae brood I simply turn the pot upside down and rub my hand gently across the plants and BILLIONS of gemmae fall onto a large sheet of white paper. Any gemmae left clinging are removed with the help of a pair of forceps.

Phil

Sorry, Phil! But quality deserves to be shared. Consider yourself STUCK!!!!!!

No need for any appologies BW. When you come to visit...my VFT is gonna eat YOUR VFT mwa ha ha haaaaa.

OH, GREAT! More trubbl!!!!!!!!!!!!

Bumping to replace stagnant thread.

Almost 2 months stuck, time to fall. Beautiful plants Phil!

I do not know how I missed these pics before!? Those plants are awesome! Phil- thansk for letting VFT share, I hope you allow him to do so again.

Steve

EDIT: Thanks to Bugs and adnedarn for bumping - all should gaze on these.

Last edited:
Back