What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Brand new camera- vft pics

I bought this camera yesterday at bestbuy. Its an olympus FE-230 7.1 megas. So of course the first thing i did was take some pics of my vft's (excuse the amatuerish pics)
Also, Thanks to jlap for his help on posting.

5 Gallon Tank w 100 watts compact flourescent fixture

You're welcome.

Lol, if you had copied the other code it would have been full-sized, but they look fine :) Nice plant.

I tried copying all the codes, but they all came out like thumbnails

Great looking plants. The photos look fine, you may want to experiment with the white balance/light source modes.

I kinda like the thumbnails. I need to check imageshack out.

Nice plant! What type of light are you using?

EDIT: Sorry I obviously didn’t see the light’s info there.

Last edited:
looks like a Compact Flourescent bulb(and because he said so :) ) they look really nice! i think i lost all of my VFTs over the winter...and maby even most of my sarrs :crap: ill get more though. it makes me laugh because mine was in full sun outdoors ALL DAY and never looked as red as yours :)
Alex

very nice plant. Interesting that your light seems very yellow. It seems like a lower colour temperature.

Thx for the comments. I think the reason for the traps being so red is because they are only a couple of inches away from the light. Some traps are even red on the outside part as well.

lol yeah! It amazes me. Even seedlings can take almost all that light and all that heat and look nice and red and healthy. This plant loves the light a bit too much. :)

Your VFT looks stunningly healthy. I really like its coloring! Great stuff. I'll have to share some photos of my nepenthes and VFT seeds when they germinate (oh, please, let them germinate! :hail:).

Back