What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Need help with vtf

Trust me, you don't want to take your plants outside in a plastic or glass container...no matter how much air-space you give it. I did something similar with my anoles and bearded dragons. It was a nice, sunny 75F day and I figured they'd enjoy a little sunbathing. The tops of their tanks was just a wire mesh, plenty of space for air circulation and heat dissipation...so I thought. I came back out in less than 15 minutes and they were ALL DEAD! I was horrified. They were all "cooked". It was a tough lesson to learn, but trust me (and the others), get them out of their containers.

I also have a bunch of chipmunks, squirrels, and birds around my place. They very seldom bother my plants. I once did catch a squirrel drinking from one of my neps, but it was fine.

Do you mean the pitcher or the squirrel? I wonder if the squirrel got sick for the plants water, though I highly dought that it would happen.

I meant the nep was fine. Not sure of the squirrel. ???

also how and how often do i have to repot

Some people say once a year before they come out of dormancy some say every two years. Some do it whenever they want with no problems. All you do is make a small hole about as deep as the roots and put it in. Then gently cover it with the peat moss or whatever you use. Don't pack it too tight though.

also what happens when a vft didvdes do u have to make it or does it do it on its own?

o and thank u every one for ur help :banana2: couldnt resit using that smily srry lol

do u have to take them apart?? because id rather leave them in same pot

VFTlover look here to:
http://www.terraforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=107332

This is my recent (and 1st) experience in dividing vfts. I only divided the diferente growing points, all of them had roots. One of the disadvantages of letting them all together is that they get choked, and the leaves of the smaller plants just get so thin and long to get some light (the 2nd pot I dividided is a good example of this). But remember I'm a 1st grower and these plants probably were fresh out of TC when I bought them in June ;)

that is true that the offspring leaves are really skinny becos of being choked out.....however, I rather wait for my B52 and typical divisions to completely seperate on their own rather than cut them apart. :)

Also...using some punctuation and a capital letter now and then makes it easier to read your posts.

Well, I did not know, that the posts are graded by english professors. :)

You put an extra comma in that sentence, and you didn't capitalize English.

Sorry, I had do. :) So funny lmao.

well, the point being that I hate english writing ;) ! It screwed me up in high school and it still does! :)

lol! I was wondering that there is an extra comma, as it didn't "sound" right. But meh! whatever! :p

that is true that the offspring leaves are really skinny becos of being choked out.....however, I rather wait for my B52 and typical divisions to completely seperate on their own rather than cut them apart. :)

The divisions over here were all perfectly split. Made it all a lot easier :)

I hadn't been looking at this post since last week, but just had to comment about the use of commas. Did you know that a comma can save a person's life? Take, for example, the simple statement, "Let's eat grandma". At first glance, grandma is in a heap of trouble, a potential victim to cannibalism. But a comma, well-placed, right after the word 'eat', saves her life... and invites her to a meal... that doesn't include her as the entree.

I hadn't been looking at this post since last week, but just had to comment about the use of commas. Did you know that a comma can save a person's life? Take, for example, the simple statement, "Let's eat grandma". At first glance, grandma is in a heap of trouble, a potential victim to cannibalism. But a comma, well-placed, right after the word 'eat', saves her life... and invites her to a meal... that doesn't include her as the entree.

lmao lmao :-)) :clap:

Another priceless moment brought to you by jimscott!:-))

k so how do u divide a plant???

Back