What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

VFT Minibog cleaning - pics

elgecko

I've got a magic window!
I decided that since my VFT's were so over grown in my mini bog that it would be a good idea to do some cleaning.
Here's a pic of some VFT bulbs.

vftbulbs.jpg

The mini bog after being thinned out. It has VFT - Red Dragons, VFT - Dentate Traps, VFT - Typical, Drosera filiformis var. filiformis FL Red, and Drosera rotundifolia.

vftminbog.jpg

Here's a shot of the left over VFT's.

vftextras.jpg

As you can see from the last picture, they were packed like sardeens. :-))

wow, i cant imagine how you got them to grow that much, where they all indivual plants or did they just grow to that way?

To tell the truth when I started I had 1 - Red Dragon, 1 - Dentate Traps, and 1 - Typical. Over a few years they just multiple like crazy. I thin it out every 2 years.
Although I did not plant any of the typicals that came out of the mini bog back into it. I planted 5 - 6 typicals that I had growing in another pot that has much larger traps by at least 1/2"and a much more robust plant back into the mini bog.

Hey Steve
gr8 growing there.
So does your filiformis red amke it through the winter outside?
if it does, then it can take cooler temps,than i have been keeping mine.
Lois

Hey Steve
gr8 growing there.
So does your filiformis red amke it through the winter outside?
if it does, then it can take cooler temps,than i have been keeping mine.
Lois

Mine grows inside one of my mini-bogs outside (Netherlands) - it has completely 'died', I wonder if it will come back when the weather gets warmer...

Lois, I have a D. filiformis red that survived the winter outdoors here in San Jose.. but I also had a potfull that died... I would be a little more cautious with the red form than the others.

Lois,
Missed your question.
I keep all my temperate plants outside till the weather hits freezing. Then I move them into my unheated garage till the temps are above freezing again. My garage stays around 45-50 degrees.

Back