What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

3 vfts in a pot

hey guys. so i got my new addition to my collection on friday. the order was jacked up. the shipment was damaged and it was just one big mess. thats not my worry though. i could put up with the dirt but instead of putting 1 type of vft/pot, i got 3 different types in one. is this safe for the vft? would it be too crowded once the plants grow bigger? also, would i need to repot?

I like to put several plants per pot. Makes it look more full. Have a large enough pot.

As far as having three plants in one pot, that's fine but I recommend keeping one type of cultivar per pot.

I don't know...

I like to put several plants per pot. Makes it look more full. Have a large enough pot.

As far as having three plants in one pot, that's fine but I recommend keeping one type of cultivar per pot.

An all red variety with an all green variety might look nice together...

How big is your pot, jiana??

It's fine.

^Agree. So now it’s just a matter of personal preference. I go with one plant per pot because I use large Rubbermaid tubs to hold water instead of individual trays, and it looks good overall.

They will look very nice once they are full grown and covering the entire pot. That is how I grow all of mine.

Back