What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

My bigmouth

DSCF0254.jpg

That's my bigmouth. She's growing in a five inch pot. I did have two main growth points, but over the past month one died and was replaced by several baby sprouts.

I hate how weak my coloring is and how long my petioles are. I can't wait till the weather gets better here so they can go outside. Hmmm... maybe I should buy growlights.

I have a Big Mouth too. Marvelous they are.

Don't buy growlights. I bought one that was about 3 inches from the closest plant --- no colouration. In fact, with a non grow light I got stronger plants, even my Ceph became pink with yellow tops quickly and it's not even as close! It's also allowed my plants to easily go through the digestion progress. Don't worry about colouration, it's right around the corner!

Nice plant btw, nice, big, lots of traps, and I see two dead meals. :). Looks just as good, colouration or not.

Mine are pink from 2 months under the grow lights.

Where do you live? Where are you keeping your plant at the moment?

DSCF0254.jpg

That's my bigmouth. She's growing in a five inch pot. I did have two main growth points, but over the past month one died and was replaced by several baby sprouts.

I hate how weak my coloring is and how long my petioles are. I can't wait till the weather gets better here so they can go outside. Hmmm... maybe I should buy growlights.

Forget grow lights. As soon as the weather is frost free put it outside in full Sun. It'll color up!

Tom

Even with out the color your doing a great job growing your VFT.

Dang! That's huge compared to mine!!! You should put it outside if you're concerned about coloration :) .

I use grow lights and I get awesome coloring on all my dews and VFTs. I won't deny that real sunlight is better but c'mon. If you know what bulbs to use, you can make an awesome indoor CP setup.

forget about colour. The most important thing is light for that plant.....once u have enough light...the leaves will be MORE STURDY and nice and STRONG. You can clearly see that your plant has been getting low light. Sunlight will probably burn it a little...but the new traps will be INSANE. :D ... so go for it. :D happy growing! you can definately turn that plant into a masterpiece. :D

cute plant !

eh, i guess that's one good thing i live in southern california. recently it was 90 degrees and i was ready to puke from heat exhaustion...

really cute plant though.

Back