What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Biggest, showiest Dionaea....

Jefforever

A yellow M&M
Hiya,

I've been considering which VFT is the largest. I've heard that the B52 is largest and vigorous. G16 is Slack's Giant right? Also, the Southwest giant is pretty large. Basically...which is the largest one? ???

basically any well grown VFT can become very big. At the same time.....overfertilized and overfed VFT in my opinion can also show unusually big traps which are a bit deformed and wavy. So its completely subjective.

overfertilized and overfed VFT in my opinion can also show unusually big traps which are a bit deformed and wavy

Not sure about that!

There are a number of very large Dionaea clones but I tend to find one will be biggest one year, and another will be the largest the next. There's no one plant that will be the largest all the time.

Not sure about that!

There are a number of very large Dionaea clones but I tend to find one will be biggest one year, and another will be the largest the next. There's no one plant that will be the largest all the time.

Hmm...True, very true....

well...I guess I personally found that my B52 showed traps over 2 inches during that feeding frenzy session. However, later it slowly returned back to 1.7 to 1.5 inch traps.

You can't get an Audrey 2, tgey blew up in an explosion. He should go to jail for killing that cool puppet uhh I mean planty alien thing or what ever it is.

well...I guess I personally found that my B52 showed traps over 2 inches during that feeding frenzy session. However, later it slowly returned back to 1.7 to 1.5 inch traps.

over 2 inches? Dang that's huge so B52 it is then?

yup! 2 inches! :) However, my typical reached around 1.8 inches as well. :) However, now its back down to 1.5 and 1 inch traps.

Back