What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

I think I killed it.....

gemini_girl

Split Personality
Yes I think i killed my vft *sigh*..... anyone have know which cp are easyier to take care of and where I might buy them. RIP plant.

Hey Gemini girl, what kind of conditions do you have for you VFT in? And there is always a chance of it growing back from the roots.

Well I have it on a tray in a little pot on my porch. It is not completly dead....???

Removed by admin. See post below :)

FYI I would refrain from adverts for other cp sellers on this forum. Our fearless leader has a shop of his own flytrapshop.com , and besides there is a whole lot more info here on any cp topic you might need.

If it's not completely dead, look closely at the growing point - there's a chance it will recover as long as it has good growing conditions - good water, plenty of light and air circulation. It's probably in deep shock from prior poor growing conditions, transport and big changes of growing conditions.

I'd back off on the watering a touch, let the tray almost dry out then fill maybe .25 of an inch. Tricky right now as the RH has been so low the past few days <25%. Just keep the media damp/moist - don't let it dry out.

As for obtaining new, healthy plants - as pointed out Andrew sells them online. Carnivorous Plant Societies are a great place to get plants that are grown properly and with TLC. The next LACPS meeting is June 16th. And you can find healthy plants at the garden centers provided you find recent arrivals and look at them carefully.

Ok thanks for the advice I will keep with it maybe it will come back. Yeah thats what i get for buying a plant at big lots.....

Back