What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Landowners Permit

NeciFiX

Kung Fu Fighting!
I just couldn't resist posting this.

On YouTube when I first started growing I watched some videos and talked to some people. One person, I forgot how I came into contact with him, said

"To own a venus flytrap u need a landowners permit"

LOL!!

My reply was something like

"A Venus Flytrap is a PLANT, how do you need a Landowners Permit to own a plant?"

He then said

"yeah u do i saw it on the internet"

Hilarious. I can't even begin to think why this guy and the web page he supposedly read this from thinks you need a Landowners Permit to own a plant, though, I guess he just thinks that because he thinks it's a vicious monster, along with the site. Just last week one of mine bit my toe off, true story. :-D. This reminds me of the story where Barry Rice met a farmer (?) who said he read an article in the newspaper saying all carnivorous pitcher plants (Sarracenia) on their property must be destroyed by law.

Wow.. lol. Of all the things people could fear.. a PLANT that eats nothing but bugs. People must have these violent images of venus flytraps in their heads or something. It's stupid really.

Kinda ticks me off to think that someone would kill wild CPs just cuz they think they're "dangerous." A rose is more dangerous than a CP. Freakin' thorns.

Can we have a link?

The guy wouldn't give me the link to the web page.

His response was when I said the last line was

"umm ya i think a wbesite is smatrer than u!"

Unbelievable. I could get a three year old to type up what he/she thinks would be a worthy contraption to launch a spacecraft at the speed of light on Freewebs, does that mean the child is smarter than some people?

No.

The Barry story is on his webpage I believe.

Back