What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

After reppoting, the weird traps

Having some fun finding these. Now just waiting for the triplet to open. Should be interesting :cool: (and yes I've been looking for aphids ;) )

dsc07779640x480as7.jpg

dsc07788640x480em0.jpg

I'm getting traps like the second picture on my sunburned 'Justina Davis' - they haven't opened yet but almost the same shape.

I've noticed deformed trap formation after transplanting. It's probably due to stress to the plant and pressure placed on the growing point. I just get shriveled/non-existent traps - nothing exotic. The 'Justina Davis' wasn't even repotted - just moved from a tank to a windowsill.

I can't wait to see the triple-header fully developed.

Same thing on my Red Piranha. All of the new traps are all twisty and deformed after its transplant this spring.

Did you ever try to feed it yet?

Wild. It looks like the first trap might be able to function; but, the second and third ones are too connected in the middle where the bug can just walk out. Feed it and find out!

xvart.

Ah yes, such curiosity!

Nice triple trap!

Dang. That's sweet. I'm so glad you took pics of it. ^_^

- Yeah what happens when u feed it? :banana2:

Wild. It looks like all (at least the two outside) trap's triggers are connected since the bottom one closed when the top one did. How interesting. I can't tell if the fly triggered the middle one while moving around but the closing seemed to be slightly after the other two. It will be interesting to see them open now and if they all open.

xvart.

Back