What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

B52 pic

These have become my favorite VFT :)

b52.jpg

i like it

what kind of soil is this

It still think you like just for the name. :)

Cool picture, btw. The color is amazing.

thx Dim

milled sphag/peat ("No-Damp Off"), sand and some LFS... my record keeping is terrible, but seems like it was 2:1:1 or maybe it was less LFS:scratch:

Av

Thx Dave,

ahhh I thought B52 was some 80's rock band, something about a love shack???

tin roof.... rusted

hehehehehe you mean there was a plane too ;)

ah yes the grand ol' lady of the sky

nuttin says lovin like a b52 with a full oven

Av

Doesn't the Air Force call them BUFs (Big Ugly F***ers)?

"If the pilot's good, I mean if he's reeeally sharp, he can barrel that thing in so low, oh it's a sight to see. You wouldn't expect it with a big ol' plane like a '52, but varrrooom! The jet exhaust frying chickens in the barnyard! " - George C. Scott as General "Buck" Turgidson "Dr. Strangelove (1964)"

Yes, one of aviations great aircraft, 50 years + and still in service. Grand ol' VFT too.

Awesome plant!:-O

Nice plant,but my favorite plane is the B-17 Flying Fortress!

Jerry

We were at the beach..... everyone had matching towels.... some of us went under the dock, and there we saw a rock! But it wasn't a rock..... it was a rock lob-ster!

aaaaah-aaaah-aaaaaaah! Rock lob-ster!

Lol I love the B-52's. And I love your B52!

my fav would be the F4 Corsair... just gotta love the radial engine design, I had the opportunity to work on one that was in a test cell many years ago, it was awesome... the hiccups, the smoke, the dripping oil. Before cranking you had to turn in by hand once just to make sure it wouldnt hydraulic lock. Oil would leak into the bottom cylinder during shut down, you only worried when she didn't drip oil hehehehehe

truly amazing

LOL thx Clint, they are the most colorful VFT I've ever owned, very vibrant

Av

Back